Facts About The Leaning Tower Of Pisa
1. IT TOOK TWO CENTURIES TO BUILD IT.
2. THE TOWER LEANS BECAUSE OF ILL-CONCEIVED DESIGN PLANS.
3. AT ONE POINT, THE TOWER’S LEAN SWITCHED DIRECTIONS.
4. THE LEAN KEPT GETTING PROGRESSIVELY WORSE.
5. THE ENGINEER WHO OVERSAW THIS RECLAMATION PROJECT WASN’T ALWAYS AN
EXPERT IN THE FIELD
6. THE TOWER COULD STILL RESUME TILTING.
7. THE LEANING TOWER OF PISA IS JUST ONE OF SEVERAL LEANING TOWERS IN PISA.
8. MUSSOLINI TRIED TO FIX THE TOWER. HE ONLY MADE IT WORSE.
9. THE TOWER WAS A MILITARY BASE DURING WORLD WAR II.
Read all the details about these facts here: Mental Floss - Leaning Tower Of Pisa
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you find something helpful here. ~ Karen
THIS BLOG claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.